Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > J2534 > MaxiFlash Pro > Instructions to have MaxiFlash usable wi...
Instructions to have MaxiFlash usable with Nissan Consult 3+

3772 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: 2017-04-15 05:46:30

•   Level 5   
    (232) points
    nikkoms
    2017-03-24 04:07:28
    EDIT: Does not work as I thought. Sorry!

•   Level 4   
    (153) points
    Emmanuel89

2017-03-24 14:37:49 (Reply to:nikkoms)

I don't have a laptop in hand since im currently on my tab, but I soon as I get home I'll check this out. This is very interesting, how did you get the software?

•   Level 5   
    (232) points
    nikkoms
    2017-03-24 17:46:08 (Reply to:Emmanuel89)
     A friend gave me a VM image with it on there. I am not happy with the testing I've done thus far. It does not communicate with a majority of the vehicles I've tested so far (2006 Quest (zero communication), 2008 Versa (VIN read & SRS module only), 2003 Altima(zero communication), 2016 Maxima(VIN read & ECU read/write tested only). I think the Maxiflash does not have the proper communication protocols for Nissan/Infiniti. I'm still happy I can use NERS 100%. More research and testing is required, but at least the maxi is recognized by CONSULT. Sorry to get everyone's hopes up!

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2017-03-25 02:31:45 (Reply to:nikkoms)

sorry to tell you that this is a useless hack. its been going around for a few years now and still as useless as the first day it came out. first and most important it does not see the ignition on, with that said there is no immobilizer function and no programming. second there is no live data at all and last but not least, no special functions for the most part. will you be willing to compromise your passthru device or brick a vehicle module ? think again.

•   Level 5   
    (232) points
    nikkoms
    2017-03-25 07:13:31 (Reply to:spikeoo7)
    Any idea what protocol(s) the Maxiflash is missing to enable proper communication?

I'm going to stick to NERS and the Maxi Elite for diagnostics/programming. Any recommendations for a Consult interface, aside from the VI2? 

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2017-03-25 13:28:09 (Reply to:nikkoms)

the v12 is the only interface for c3+ , if you can't afford an original one  get a clone at least, they are not too bad, a friend of mine has one and works pretty good except when checking network topology it seems to freeze. original from Nissan tech mate for 2300 usd, I was able to buy one from the dealer for 1500, or get  a clone for 1000usd or used from ebay.  the maxi-flash is not missing any protocols that am aware of and it works excellent with Nissan ners. I wrote some instructions on how to go about programming with ners.  programming with ners takes a long time though specially a blank tcm  about 1.5 hour  but it does it with no issues at all.  autel's Nissan new released software is very good, looks exactly like the c3+ haven't used it much yet but so far so good, thumbs up to autel or their new releases.

•   Level 5   
    (232) points
    nikkoms
    2017-03-26 08:44:53 (Reply to:spikeoo7)
    I don't get enough Nissan work to justify that purchase. As it stands, the Maxi Elite hasn't let me down with live data. I wonder what more could I get out of having a functional Consult besides IMMO functions?

I did a couple TSB related ECM flashes with NERS, and you aren't kidding about the speed. Painfully slow!

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2017-03-26 13:26:04 (Reply to:nikkoms)

the programming/reprogramming speed alone justifies the purchase, all programming calibration files are included for blank  ECU flashing, lots of money saved  there, network topology is another nice function on the c3+ similar to witech, module replacement option, live data is much faster, all functions and features are 100%  available and functional, its worth the money. I do get lots of Nissan though and I do this for a living so the c3+ is a must for me. 5 vehicle makes I can't go without original tools are gm,ford,mazda,Chrysler and Nissan, my everyday bread and butter, I have Toyota, Honda, hyundai/kia, benz, bmw,Volvo, jag/rover and a few others but hardly ever use it. the maxisys does pretty good on most of this vehicles but flashing with a jbox is very limited to powertrain in most cases and slow.

•   Level 4   
    (153) points
    Emmanuel89

2017-04-15 05:46:30 (Reply to:spikeoo7)

You hit some major key points

VCM - Ford/Mazda is a must to access all module programming not just flashing + key programming with sub
    Witech/Micro Pod - Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge/Fiat - same all Module programming and flash & key programming (requires pin) 
    Consult 3+ - Nissan/Infinit is a must for all module/flash programming + key (with key card) 
    You won't get all the functions with the Jbox

GM, Toyota and Honda OE software work just fine with the pass thru
    These are the cars I run into on the daily basis

Total1 Pages